At Langland Community School, we recognise the significant contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that a quality PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude, physical well-being and academic achievement of our children.
The Primary School Sports Funding which amounts to approximately £19,310 for this academic year (September 2017 - July 2018) is enabling us to continue and to extend our provision by;
- Buying in to the local Sports Partnership (MKSSP) to provide us with curriculum guidance and support which includes CPD opportunities for our staff.
- It will also include entry to a range of inter-school competitions and activities for our children, as well as a different after school club offered each term.
- Employing Sports Coaches to ensure;
- Provision of high quality PE curriculum
- Provision of high quality and healthy play activities
- Provision of more after school sports clubs to develop the health and skills of our children
- Participation at inter-school sports events is increased