Essence Catering provide our school with fresh food every day. Meals are cooked in school, including fresh bread, fruit and vegetables. These are available to all children either to purchase or free to those children whose parents are receiving Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance or Child Tax Credits when the appropriate forms are completed and returned to the school office. Towards the end of each half term a menu will be sent home for the following half term.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS:
- If you are in receipt of Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance or Child Tax Credits you are entitled to claim free school meals for your child/ren.
- Please click here to check if you are entitled to free school meals.
- Proof of your eligibility is required when applying.
- If you do not complete a menu, your child will have a meal ordered for them, this will be a vegetarian option.
UNIVERSAL FREE SCHOOL MEALS:
From September 2014, all children in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 can receive school meals at no cost to you. This is a universal entitlement for all infant aged children.
Meals can be purchased a half term in advance. Or paid weekly.
Please ensure that the correct money is paid - £11.50 per week.
NO CHEQUES CAN BE ACCEPTED.
- Payments can be made online.
- If no payment is made by 9.00am on Wednesday, meals will not be ordered for the following week. If your child is ill when the menus are handed out, please come to the school office to complete a menu and to pay for the meals.
Please make sure your child’s FULL NAME and CLASS is on the menu.
Please inform the office of any dietary requirements. E.g. Vegetarian, no pork.
Spare menus are available in the school office. No discrimination is made between children who pay for meals or those who receive them free.
If you require any further information please see Mrs Bunce in the school office.