Safeguarding is Everybody’s Business
Langland Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its pupils. Safeguarding is the responsibility of all school staff, governors and volunteers at our school.
All staff receive annual safeguard training as well as receiving regular safeguarding updates to ensure that we stay fully informed and alert.
At Langland Community School we are dedicated to ensuring:
- An environment where children and adults feel safe, secure and happy.
- A place where children can talk about their worries and they are listened to.
- Highly trained staff are able to identify welfare concerns and take appropriate action to address their them.
- Ensure children know that there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried
- Every child learns how to stay safe, healthy and happy through a high quality PSHE curriculum and strong school ethos.
- Vulnerable children and families are supported.
If you have any concerns about the welfare of a child in our school, please speak to our Safeguarding Designated Leads:
Designated Safeguarding Lead – Miss Donna Christy (Headteacher)
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads:
Mrs Gemma Signoriello (Family Support Worker)
Mrs Tracy Attrill (Learning Mentor)
Ms Jennifer Wright (Inclusion Lead and SEND)
Mrs Rebecca Eames (Assistant Head)
Mrs Lauren Parkes (Assistant Head)
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A SAFEGUARDING CONCERN
During the school day please contact Miss Christy or Mrs Signoriello
Telephone : 01908 670712
OUT OF SCHOOL HOURS
Please contact the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Telephone: 01908 253169
Milton Keynes Council - Safeguarding Adults and Children: https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/safeguarding
NSPCC - Keeping Children Safe: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/